Hazriq Idrus started out as a stage actor when he was 18 years old. He began building his stage career by performing on stages and then, on television and for media commercials.
While still being heavily involved in the performing arts, Hazriq also worked at the National Library Board's library@esplanade, focusing on the branch's theatre collection development, customer service and events management. Within the Board, he was soon approached by the training and programmes division, where he started to conduct corporate facilitation and honed his training & speaking skills. However, after a major organisation reshuffling, the Board decided not to continue offering corporate trainings anymore.
Hazriq was at crossroads. He could stay on and do something else, which he might not be good at, or continue his growing passion in training and human development. After much thoughts, he decided to leave the Board after serving for 10 years to pursue his passion.
With his passion in training, Hazriq left the Board in 2011 and began his professional speaking journey. He went on to build his training business, The Speaking Factory Pte Ltd and to a point where companies like CAAS, BMW, Petronas, MPA, SIM, and several other companies were inviting him to conduct training for their employees.
Eventually, Hazriq was getting asked to speak on applied creativity, communication and motivation. With his vast experience in the performing arts, he combined his acting and theatre experiences in his speaking delivery. Instead of just getting on stage to speak, Hazriq would blow an audience away, combining theatre improvisation demonstrations with a powerful speaking message, so they could be more engaged with the presentation.
Since 2011, Hazriq has also been an adjunct lecturer at Ngee Ann Polytechnic, conducting Creativity & Innovation modules with the School of Interdisciplinary Studies. Hazriq is still heavily involved in acting & theatre industry to keep himself adept with creativity; while running his speaking business to create change in other people's lives.
DOWNLOAD HAZRIQ'S PROFILE HERE:
Published Author of:
- The Stage Fright Antidote!: How to manage public speaking jitters using acting & theatre techniques
(Available at leading bookstores in Singapore and some parts of Malaysia)
- The Entrepreneur Ecosystem (co-author)
- Crowdsauce (co-author)
- I'm Introvert, therefore I Triumph (co-author)
- Inspiration for Success: 2018 Edition (co-author)
- BA Communications and Media Management, University of South Australia (Australia)
- Diploma in Business (Corporate Communications & Human Resource), Temasek Polytechnic (Singapore)
- Certified Behavioural Consultant /Certified DISC Personality Profiling Consultant, Institute of Motivational Living (USA)
- Certification in Educational Studies (Public Speaking), College of Teachers (UK)
- Certified Facilitator for Organizational Zoo (Aust)
- Certified Service Provider (CSP), WDA (Singapore)
- Advanced Certificate in Training and Assessment (ACTA) certification, WDA (Singapore)
- Member, Asia Professional Speakers Singapore